WOLA is pleased to provide these resources about the upcoming Summit of the Americas.
- The Drug Policy Debate: Putting Everything on the Table In this op-ed published on Tuesday by Colombia’s newspaper El Tiempo, WOLA’s John Walsh explains how the Summit of the Americas can be the springboard to a sustained consideration of a range of promising options on drug policy.
- Summit of the Americas: Walking the Walk on Partnership In this commentary, WOLA’s Executive Director, Joy Olson, argues that the Obama administration should move beyond the talk about partnership and engagement and start walking the walk.
- Obama Poised To Give Presidential Seal of Approval To Gross Labor Rights Violations in Colombia An analysis on why the Obama administration should not move forward with the U.S.-Colombia Free Tree Agreement.
- Changes Underway in Cuba WOLA’s Cuba experts explore the intricacies of Cuba’s economic reforms and discuss their recent trip to Cuba.
- Only available in Spanish Los de atrás vienen conmigo—El problema de las drogas en América Latina: Derecho al desarrollo y regulación de mercados In this paper, the Uruguayan Special Ambassador for Drug Policy and Human Rights, Milton Romani, lays out the range of issues to be addressed as part of a serious, democratic debate over drug policy. This is the first in a series of forthcoming essays WOLA is commissioning to invite reflection and critical discussion on improving drug policy in the Americas.
- For a Drug Policy that Promotes Peace and Respect for Human Rights WOLA and Six other NGOs send open letter to the presidents of the Americas calling for a drug policy that promotes peace and respect for human rights
- A list of WOLA’s experts and their areas of expertise.
If you need to contact WOLA over the weekend, please call Kristel Mucino, WOLA Communications Director, on her cell phone at 617-584-1713 or email at [email protected].