The Eighth Informal Dialogue on Drug Policies in Latin America was held in Lima, with the support of the Drugs and Human Rights Research Center (Centro de Investigación Drogas y Derechos Humanos, CIDDH). The event included 32 participants from ten countries in Latin America and Europe, the United States and international agencies.
The two days of dialogue were organized in six sessions focusing on the following topics:
1. Drug policy in Peru and its challenges.
2. Alternative development theory and practice.
3. Harm reduction policies for the drug market.
4. The future of reforms: decriminalization of possession and cultivation for personal consumption.
5. The legal market for coca leaves.
6. Options and debate in international bodies.
Photo by James Preston